Friday, May 13, 2011

I have a blog. Neato, eh?

About once a week, I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t fall back to sleep.  My mind starts wandering to all sorts of topics and, next thing I know, I’m standing in the shower trying to remember if have clean underwear for the day.

During these late-night mind-benders, I never think about anything profound like solving poverty or curing cancer.  It’s usually stuff like “How do they make string cheese?” or “I wonder what King Kong Bundy’s up to these days.”

Lately, I’ve started to think that, maybe if I start writing down some of these random musings, it will help cure my pseudo-insomnia.  So, I decided to start a blog.  What an original concept, right?

Most personal blogs are highly self-centered and pretentious.  This one will be no exception.  It will also be cynical.  And rambling.  And will often contain statements and assumptions that have no basis in fact.  But it will be therapeutic for me, and that’s really the main purpose.

So feel free to follow along if you’d like.  If you enjoy it, cool.  If not, meh.  I’m gonna keep writing either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment